In the spirit of always providing you a simple post alongside a simple recipe (like the Parm), I will keep this one brief.
Last week we made Cauliflower “Steak” and Chips, a recipe you’ll see here very shortly! But we didn’t have much to serve with it in the way of a sauce. At restaurants they always give you a nice dollop of sauce; horseradish, mustard etc. so we thought we’d go the extra mile too. I threw together this sauce and it was a big hit.
Here it is in all it’s glory, served up with your sneak peak of our next post! Thick, delicious and possibly so garlicky that garlic itself thought it was too garlicky!
But thank goodness no one was able to come over to our house that evening – let’s just say we were all VERY safe from Vampires!
GARLIC sauce. That is all.
Something to blow your face off, but a decent accompaniment to chips!
- 4 heaped tbsp Vegan Yogurt Alternative (for no oil, we use Alpro Plain No Sugars, for a thick sauce we use Oatly Greek-Style)
- ~5-6 large cloves of garlic, finely minced and/or crushed
- 1 level tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Garlic Granules (if you want EVEN MORE GARLIC)
- 2-3 tsp Mixed Herbs (to taste)
- (Optional) juice of 1/2 Lemon – I didn’t have lemon, but it would work well here!
- Put everything into a bowl and mix together lightly with a spoon
- Cover and put back into the fridge for at least 15-20 minutes or until needed
- Use as a dip or on the side of vegan “Steak” and Chips!
The world is a pretty crazy place at the moment so hopefully this post inspires you, and we would love to hear what you’re cooking and also we’d love to see your attempts at the above dish and how you change it to be yours, so tweet us @rockinblues and @PlantBasedSQL on Twitter and let us know your snug story!