This recipe is for my brother-in-law David, who believes I write too much before actually getting to the recipe. I guess it’s a blessing he’s reading them at all, so I’ll throw him a (vegan) bone here.
This Parmesan-style cheesy topping can go on anything as a crust, in creamy sauces for pasta, basically anywhere you want a salty, cheesy hit. The method? Measure, blend, eat. No nonsense.
Left becomes right in about 20-30 seconds:
4 ingredients makes a perfect topping or ingredient for basically anything, enjoy!
- 120g Cashews
- 3 heaped tbsp Nutritional Yeast (“Nooch“)
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules or Powder (I use granules for a coarser finish)
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp Sea Salt, to preference
- Put everything in a blender / food-processor (we just use the Nutribullet)
- Pulse a couple of times, shake and then pulse again until it resembles crumbled parmesan cheese (don’t pulse too much or blend too long or the natural oils will be released from the Cashews and it’ll clump up)
- Serve on stuff
The world is a pretty crazy place at the moment so hopefully this post inspires you, and we would love to hear what you’re cooking and also we’d love to see your attempts at the above dish and how you change it to be yours, so tweet us @rockinblues and @PlantBasedSQL on Twitter and let us know your snug story!